I just had this thought:
Is life about completing goals, or is it about enjoying yourself?

I know a lot of people that easily can be put under one of those two categories, and of course some that overlap. But it seems that people view the purpose of life as primarily one of those. It seems that guides their behavior. I just thought that was a really interesting thought.

I started thinking about it because I'm not sure which category I fall in. Right now, I'm really concerned about where my life is going. I want the band to really, really, get it together. I feel we're approaching that point where we make a move or we start getting annoyed. We've written a bunch of songs, and if they don't get recorded and released as an actual album, I don't think it will last. It's been the downfall of every band I've been in. I feel like we will definitely need a bass player, which presents another world of issues. There's a lot that we need to do to get to where we need to be, and I'm honestly not sure we'll get there.

No comments: